Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The First of Many

I think it's a common feeling when creating something serialized to have great ideas for elements and specifics down the road, but to be a little hazy on how to start out. For example, when one is conceiving of a TV show, I imagine it's easier to think of episodes and story lines that occur once the characters are established than it is to think of a killer pilot. As you may have guessed, I'm having such a feeling right now, as my blog of such high aspirations is off to a slow start. I may as well lay out my objectives before this intro gets too convoluted...

1. This blog will mostly be about music, TV, movies, and art, and especially the first two. I'll write about some of the movies I see if I think I have something interesting to say, but I don't really see that many movies. As for art, I don't know much about it, but I have seen a few shows since I moved to LA and I'll probably mention such excursions. Speaking of art, you won't find much better than this.

2. I wanted to do a blog so I can practice analyzing, thinking about, and writing about the aforementioned things. I also wanted to get some more practice writing in general since all I've written for the last year have been spec scripts--though I do love writing those.

3. I'll try and keep things short since people don't have much of an attention span these days and I'm not a confident enough blogger to attempt to keep folks' interest for 1000 words.

That said, I figured I'd get things start off with the funniest video from the funniest musician-comedians from my favorite non-America country. This is by far the best version of this song, though I could do without the little titles that someone added to this. Regardless, it is still awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment